25 Ideas for a Girls Slumber Party
So, my oldest daughter is turning 11 this weekend. Eek! It has been a long journey that seems to have flown by. As most of you already know I was just a baby myself when I had her at the age of 17. But of course time flies when you are having fun! So to celebrate this whole pre-teen thing she has going on we are throwing a slumber party. Pray for me… She has invited 6 of her closest friends and we are going to party like there is no tomorrow. Only there is a tomorrow and I’m old. So it won’t be THAT crazy. Slumber parties are perfect for birthdays or any other reason to get a group of people together to have a great time. Girls love to hang out in groups. Even in the bathroom.
Anyway, I wanted to share with you my fun ideas for having a kick-butt slumber party.
1. Have the girls play “Who Am I”. Each girl will write down five things she likes, and five things she doesn’t like, on a sheet of paper. Put them in a basket and read aloud from the lists. Have the girls guess who wrote it and see how well they know each other.
2. Clear a room, add music and let the girls have fun dancing the night away. I love to introduce music they might not have heard before. You know the OLD stuff like N’sync…
3. Host a limbo contest. How low can you go?
4. Let them make their own pizzas, ice cream sundaes, smoothies, or tacos. Lay out all of the ingredients, and they can make their snacks. Then assign clean up duties and see who can clean up the fastest!
5. Give them craft supplies and let them go to town. Girls love making stuff, especially at a slumber party. They can make bath salts, picture frames, or friendship bracelets.
6. Have them give each other facials, paint their nails or style their hair! Don’t forget to take before and after pictures and show off their skills.
7. Decorate cupcakes! This way you don’t have to buy a cake from the bakery and it will give them something fun to do.
8. If it’s a nice evening, have a bonfire in your back yard. The girls can make s’mores or banana boats, and tell ghost stories until it’s time for bed. They will love it!
9. Or, pitch the tent and let them sleep outside. Give them some flashlights, blankets, and sleeping bags. It will be a night they won’t forget.
10. Make it a movie night! Choose a theme, make some popcorn or snacks and let the movie marathon begin.
11. Take everyone bowling. A lot of places have discounted rates for bigger groups. Or check your local deal sites for coupons.
12. You’re never too old for forts! Have them use their blankets and sheets and let them create their own forts. To make it interesting divide the group into two for a friendly competition of fort building. Game on!
13. Send them on a fun scavenger hunt. You can find all kinds of free printables that will help you out with this. Girls can play individually, or on teams.
14. Have a talent show and let them show off what they can do. Girls who don’t want to participate can serve as judges. Give small prizes to all of the amazing talent.
15. Board games are always a hit. Offer a few choices, or have the girls make up rules for their own game.
16. Make matching tutu skirts! Complete instructions for an easy to make tutu. No sewing required! All you need is tulle and ribbon!
17. Get some Karaoke going! Play American Idol and set up judges to vote on the best performance.
18. Sit in a circle and play Truth or Dare! We all know how crazy that game can be.
19. Dress up! Get out some of your own clothes the girl can play in. My girls are always getting stuff out of my closet. Especially my heels. Or break out the old Halloween costumes and take lots of pictures.
20. Hide and Seek in the DARK! Turn off the lights and let the games begin. There will be ton of giggles throughout the house.
21. The telephone game. Sit in a circle and pass the whisper around. See what you end up with.
22. Face painting! Who doesn’t love that? The girl that is getting her face painted can try to guess what it is.
23. Go swimming! If you don’t have a pool or the weather isn’t quite right, check around at local hotels. With a ton of girls it might be the easiest way to go anyway. Who wants to clean up?
24. Good old fashioned pillow fight! Let get out all of their frustrations and have fun doing it.
25. Last, but not least… HAVE FUN! There aren’t any rules at a slumber party as long as everyone is getting along and having fun. There will be ups and downs with a group of girls, but the goal is to have more ups.