Burlap Kitchen’s Top 5 Fall Posts
Hi, everyone! My name is Emily and I am the mastermind behind BurlapKitchen.com. Before I get started I would like to thank Missi for allowing me to guest post here on Life is Poppin’. She has been such a great friend and inspiration to me throughout this whole blogging process. I’m not sure what I would do without her.
I once asked a good friend of mine, who is also an interior designer, when it’s appropriate to decorate for fall. Her reply was, when the kids go back to school. If this is true then fall is here my friends and with fall comes mums and crunchy leaves and pumpkin everything. So for this post I wanted to do a round-up of Burlap Kitchens best fall posts!
1. Pumpkin Pie Frappe – Sugar spice and everything nice is the name of the game with this recipe. Pumpkin and vanilla ice cream add sweetness and a pinch of cloves for the spice. It tastes just like my mom’s homemade pumpkin pie. It is basically fall in a cup and the perfect treat for September when you have fall fever but it is still hot outside.
2. Chili Pasta Casserole – Every year, when fall begins, I make a huge pot of chili. I freeze the chili in individual three cup containers that way when I crave this pasta, the chili is already made up. When the chili is pre-made this dish is super quick and easy
3. Aunt Mary’s Apple Dumplings – Everyone says Aunt Mary’s Apple Dumplings are the best. And they kinda are.
Now let’s switch gears and check out a few awesome fall DIY projects
4. Barn Board Door Hanger – I love the rustic look so when I find old barn boards I snatch them up like a warm pumpkin coffee on a crisp fall morning.
5. DIY Burlap Napkin Holders – I’ve been kind of obsessed with empty toilet paper rolls lately. There are so many cool DIY projects you can do with them! Like these rustic looking burlap napkin rings that I made. These are very inexpensive to make and fairly easy to make, also! I think they would be gorgeous for a wedding, and they cost next to nothing to make!
You can follow all of Emily’s adventures over at BurlapKitchen.com. You will be glad you did!