I’m pretty sure it’s safe to say I am totally addicted to this recipe. The first time I made this yummy treat I ate so much I literally made myself sick. If you can eat just one piece, something might be wrong with you. Or maybe it’s me that has the problem and you need to teach me self-control. Either way I wanted to share this awesome recipe with you. Can be used for any special occasion or just because. With New Years coming you could use some pretty sprinkles that sparkles to set your party off. Need baking supplies? We have you covered!
2 sleeves of saltine crackers (approximately)
2 sticks (1 cup) butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 cup of holiday inspired sprinkles or any other festive decoration
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange the crackers salt side down in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, place the butter and brown sugar using medium-high heat. While the butter melts stir well, and bring the mixture to a rolling boil. About 3-5 minutes
- Remove from heat and carefully pour the sugar-butter mixture over the crackers on the baking sheet.
- Bake the toffee crackers at 425 degrees for 3-5 minutes, until the caramel is bubbling all over. While the crackers are in the oven, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the pan from the oven and drizzle the melted chocolate over the top covering all of the crackers as evenly as possible.
- Cover with holiday inspired sprinkles.
- Freeze the pan of ooey goodness for around 20 minutes or so
- Once set, break into small uneven pieces by hand. Store uneaten saltine toffee in an airtight container for up to a week
You can usually get 2 pans out of this recipe. For just 1 cut this recipe in 1/2. Enjoy!!