Easy & Adorable Turkey Cookies
These easy & adorable turkey cookies are fun for the whole family! Whip up these fun Thanksgiving cookies in no time since the base of the cookie can come from your favorite store bought cookie. And don’t worry, your secret is safe with me. Your friends and family with gobble these thanksgiving treats right up!
- Peanut butter filled chocolate cookies
- White Chocolate discs or bark
- Candy eyes
- Red hot candies
- Orange sweet tart hearts
- Food coloring
1. Set aside a little bit of the white chocolate discs. (These will be melted later to adhere the feathers to the back of cookie). Place the rest of the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted. Make sure to stir the chocolate each time.
2. Divide white chocolate equally into 4 bowls.
3. Add food coloring until desired color is achieved.
4. Add each chocolate color to its own sandwich size baggie. Make sure to spoon the chocolate to one corner.
5. Snip (just a little bit) the very corner of the baggie to create a piping bag.
6. Take a cookie sheet and line it with parchment paper. Then take your first chocolate bag and pipe out a feather design (about 2 inches tall).
7. Continue piping all 4 colors until you have piped enough for the number of cookies you are making. (Pipe extra because some will break)
8. Let those harden (few minutes) In the mean time you can start putting on the eyes, beak, and wattle. Attach these using leftover chocolate from the piping bags. Pipe a little bit on the back of each eye, nose, and wattle. Let those harden (I put mine in the freezer to make it quicker but you can also let them harden at room temperature).
9. Once everything is harden flip the cookie over.
10. Take the white chocolate that you held back and melt in the microwave. Spread on the top half of the cookie.
11. Take your feathers (very carefully) one at a time and in a fan motion stick them on the white chocolate. Leave them facedown until harden. Do not rush this step, if you turn it over to quickly the feathers will fall off.
Make sure the chocolate “glue” is completely harden. Flip your cookies over and ENJOY!
You will be the talk of the party with these easy & adorable turkey cookies!
If you love these turkey cookies, you will love these other great fall recipes as well:
I know I’ve been a little pumpkin crazy and Fall JUST started. It’s felt a lot like fall for the last few weeks though since I’ve been waking up to chilly mornings, ending the day with cold evenings. A slice of cake always makes these things better, right? And a cake that looks like a pumpkin?! It doesn’t get much better than this!
Pumpkin Spice Frappuccinos are all the rage this season, but the price doesn’t exactly work for me. That’s why I came up with this delicious Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino recipe. I am not a coffee drinker, but I do have a weakness for Starbucks.