Kool-Aid Sensory Dough for Kids
If you are looking for a great sensory activity for your kids this Kool-Aid Dough is super easy to make! As parents and caregiver we all could use a moment alone either to get things done or just to take a breather. This awesome recipe will keep your kids busy and it’s NOT the T.V.! Plus it’s cheap to make and you can pronounce every ingredient. Bonus!
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of salt
- 1 packet of Kool-Aid (your choice)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
This is what you do:
1. Mix the flour, salt and Kool-Aid together in a bowl
2. Bowl the water and add the oil to the boiling water
3. Poor about 3/4 of the water slowly onto the Kool-Aid mix and stir well. It cools quickly
4. Keep adding water until a nice ball of dough has formed and the color is uniform. You might not need all of the water.
If it’s easier you can mix with your hands. Let your kids go to town! They can play with the dough by itself or add in cookie cutter to the mix. The possibilities are endless.
A few things to note about this awesome sensory dough
-You probably already have the ingredients in the kitchen
-It will give your kids a quiet time activity
-You might be able to get the dishes done
-It won’t stain hands like food coloring
This awesome Kool-Aid Sensory Dough will keep for weeks in a tight storage container or a plastic baggie. If you are looking too keep their art work check out our awesome Salt Dough Recipe!