Strawberry Lemonade Just Like Red Robin
With just the right amount of tang and sweet refreshment, this tasty beverage is nothing short of perfection. This drink is perfect for a summer’s day, a get-together with friends, or just because it’s amazing. It’s super easy to make and you can whip it up fast. This homemade version just possibly be even better than the original because you can tailor it to your own tastes. It just depends on if you prefer something a little more sweet or a little more sour.
Yield: 6 servings
- About 12 large fresh strawberries
- 9 – 10 lemons
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
– Squeeze juice out of lemons. Save the rinds of one lemon. Refrigerate.
– In a saucepan, bring water, 1 1/2 cup sugar, and saved lemon rind to a boil, stirring regularly to dissolve sugar. Set syrup aside to cool.
– Chop the strawberries into large chunks.
– Add the remaining 1/2 cup sugar to strawberries. Mix well and set aside for about 45 minutes.
– Strain the strawberries out. Refrigerate the strawberries until ready to serve.
– In a pitcher, combine lemon juice, syrup and strawberry syrup. Refrigerate.
– When ready to serve, add about a tablespoon of strained strawberries to the drink for extra flavor and garnishing.
Adapted from the Food Network’s Almost Famous Lemonade