My Top 10 Favorite Fat Brain Toys
Just like all kids, my girls love getting new toys. For a long time I spent so much time and money trying to keep up with all of the latest and greatest toys on the market. Whatever movie happens to be trending seems to be the favorite. And then I got smart. I stopped “keeping up with the Jones'” and started getting them toys that are actually fun AND useful. I’m so thankful I found Fat Brain Toys! We have ordered so many toys that allow my girls to use their imagination and I want to brag about them to you. With the holidays coming up you are going to want to see this!
1. Teeter Popper
Hand kids a Teeter Popper and walk away… but don’t look away. Seeing the curiosity, the surprise, the concentration on their faces as they attempt new movements is something you don’t want to miss. Teeter-popping excitement is catching, (so are their giggles).
My girls are crazy for this thing! I actually might have to order a second one because they tend to fight over it. They can stand, sit, rock, tilt, wobble, wiggle, and spin. It makes an awesome popping noise the more they move. Too cool!
- Arouses curiosity, stimulates senses, engages imagination, encourages creativity
- Improves core strength & stability, balance, coordination and gross-motor skills
- A cinch to maneuver – stand, sit, rock, tilt, wobble!
- Pleasant POPPING sound rewards movement
- Developmental challenge in unique form
- Unlimited ways to play
- Attractive & simple
2. Deluxe Root Viewer
I have this awesome Deluxe Root Viewer in my kitchen and it’s such a great learning tool. The girls get to see where their food comes from. Not always an easy thing to teach when living in a downtown condo. This toy is so educational and fun, they don’t even know they are learning.
- Watch vegetable roots grow in clear plastic planer
- Teaches scientific observation and plant growing dynamics
- Fun to watch radish, carrot, green onion grow
- Premium soil, radish, carrot, green onion seeds and complete instructions
- Plenty of supplies for several plantings
- Plastic planter measures 9 x 11.5 inches
- Science learning the whole family can enjoy!
- Guaranteed to grow
- Body of Deluxe Viewer is made in China, Seeds & Soil from the USA
3. Personalized Name Puzzle
Having names like Nevaeh & Josephine, finding personalized items isn’t always easy. I usually have to order their items customized and that’s why I love this personalized name puzzle. It’s a great quality wood that will last a long time, unlike most cardboard puzzles. This puzzle is the way we daughter my 3 year old how to spell her name.
- A custom name puzzle designed just for your child!
- Unusual names & spellings delivered no problem, however only letters can be used
- One-word names only – up to 9 letters available per puzzle
- Not able to put spaces in between letters or to separate names
- Encourage logic, fine motor skills, letter recognition, name spelling, self esteem
- Your choice of primary solid color or pastel color design
4. Deluxe Easel / Magnetic Boards
I love this Easel for so many reasons. My 3 year old paints, colors and let’s her creativity shine on this bad boy. She will literally spend hours upon hours creating so many things for me to hang around the house. It’s great for my 11 year as well to do her projects for school. Either way they both get a lot of enjoyment out of it.
- Double-sided easel with magnetic chalkboard and dry erase board
- Encourages fine motor skills, dexterity, early reading and math skills, creativity
- Chalkboard is magnetic – Includes 39 magnetic words and numbers
- Dry erase board erases easily with paper towel or piece of cloth
- Utility tray – Store magnets and chalk
- Paint tray – Rectangle slots on either side, 4 circle slots in the middle
- Easily store markers, brushes, crayons, 4 tubs of paint
- Fit roll of paper on center bar – Feed paper over either side to paint, color, draw
5. Knot a Quilt
This Knot a Quilt activity set is on my 11 year old’s Christmas list. She has been asking me to get it for her for a while now and I’m honestly not sure why I haven’t yet. It’s totally going on my must-have shopping list.
Forget needles, stitching, stuffing. With this kit, all you need are your fingers! Forty eight squares of brilliantly colorful fleece are waiting to be transformed into the ultimate snuggle-up blanket.
- Kit for creating a quilt without needle or thread
- Encourages fine motor skills, planning, focus, creativity
- Kids delight in easily making their own cuddly blanket
- 48 squares measure 9 x 9 inches each – purple, pink, orange, yellow, green, blue
6. Carrera Power Contest
Since we are a racing family I feel like the racing set would make the perfect family gift idea! This is perfect for bringing the whole family together that doesn’t involve the T.V.! Nothing wrong with some healthy competition, right? Simply snap together the 109 track pieces to build an astonishing figure-eight path complete with two loop-de-loops and let the fun begin!
- Slot racing track with 2 loop-de-loops
- Encourages concentration, cause-effect learning, imaginative play
- Kids won’t believe their eyes as cars defy gravity
- 2 cars are 1:43 scale – Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 “Young Driver No.007”, Ferrari 458 Itlaia GT2 “AF Corse. No.71”
- Track builds into figure 8 design with 2 loop-de-loops
- 17.38 total feet of track
- Features speedometers built into track
Check out this super cool PlasmaCar! I’m pretty sure it’s the future of toys! I’m pretty sure my girls would have an awesome time zooming around the house on this bad boy. And because it holds up to 220 pounds, I just might join them! So much fun!
- Pure Energy. Pure Fun.
- A Car Toy That Offers Thrilling Mobility
- A Ride On Toy for All Ages
- Safe, Inexpensive & Quiet
- A Scooter Powered by Inertia, Centrifugal Force, Gravity & Friction
We do a lot of traveling and so that’s why I am so glad we found this paperless writing tablet. Not only is it environmentally-friendly, but it’s also a cost-effective paper replacement. Double WIN! Plus, it’s super light-weight and travels well. I’ve even used it when making a grocery list or to write something down while on the phone. I love the idea!
- Erase your image with the touch of a button – and a friendly flash from the liquid crystal display – COOL!
- Sealed 3V watch battery never needs replacing.
- The Boogie Board tablet is ultra thin (1/8 inch) and is easy to take with you in a purse, scheduler, briefcase or backpack.
- The case and LCD are made from durable plastic materials. Safe for school use & all around the house, office & car.
- The Boogie Board tablet’s pressure-sensitive LCD writing surface creates lines of different thickness based on how hard you push – just like paper and pen!
9. Play-Doh Duffel Bag
My girls LOVE to create with Play-Doh! They we actually keep a lot of it around the house and they play with it quite often. It’s great for tactile learning! It’s all about the colors, textures and even the smells of the dough. The benefits are huge! You can read more about tactile learning here
- 4 five-ounce cans of Play-Doh
- 1 extruder (2 pieces)
- 1 extruder rail
- 6 cutters
- 1 rolling pin
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 sprinkle press
10. Scientific Explorer Bubble Gum Factory
How cool would it be for a kid to make their own bubble gum? Heck, I am an adult and I am still excited! Food science and creativity combine when kids follow along with eleven recipes to create bubble gum that they can actually chew. Amazing!! This is totally tasty science that your kids can learn from. It’s the best of both worlds.
- Encourages fine motor skills, logic, interest in chemistry and food science
- A tasty way to get kids excited about science
- Features 11 recipes, 3 flavors – watermelon, blueberry, mint
- Find other flavors in kitchen or grocery story to make new concoctions
- Includes citric acid, corn syrup, powdered sugar, gum base, watermelon flavoring, blueberry flavoring, mint flavoring