10 Things that Make Me Weird. You’re Weird Too!
There are so many things that make me weird. At least I think so anyway. But, being weird is wonderful. It means you are being or doing something that makes other people stare, or laugh, applaud, or possibly even boo.
Here are the 10 things that make me weird:
1. I don’t eat seafood. It’s not something I want to try to like. To me, anything that swims is tranquil and peaceful. Not something that makes me hungry. And the texture… like a wet sponge. No thanks!
2. I sleep with my mouth wide open. I have my entire life. I’m pretty sure it’s because my sinuses are blocked almost all of the time and I can’t breathe like a normal person. Either way it isn’t cute.
3. I love being a mom and always being with my kids. People are always telling me I need a break from them or time to myself. I get it. I just want to make as many memories and save these moments forever. One day when they are all grown up and have their own lives I will get me time. Nothing lasts forever so I want to enjoy being Mommy as much as I can.
4. Cereal for me is a major food group. I could eat it all day every day. There are so many varieties to choose from it never gets boring.
5. I don’t need fancy. My dream night consists of an amazing pizza, some footie pajamas and a hilarious movie. I still love to go to a nice dinner from time to time just so that I can actually brush my hair that day, but I would still choose the pizza night any day.
6. As a woman I don’t care about labels. Yes, I have a lot of purses and shoes like any other girl, but that doesn’t mean they have some designer label slapped on the side. Those things don’t exactly excite me. Lucky for my husband, right?
7. I like to be silly. Growing up doesn’t mean you have to be serious 24/7. I love to laugh and have fun. If I can make a joke or get crazy on the floor with my girls I will. Who cares! Life is too short not to be silly.
8. I’m a positive thinker. I try not to let anything get me down because I know tomorrow is a new day and a new opportunity to make a change. It’s almost creepy because I might be a little too positive.. but that’s just what life has done to me.
9. I have a thing about textures. Like a really bad thing. I can’t eat certain foods if they are super mushy, too dry or just weird. Don’t judge me! I get goosebumps if my nails scratch against metal, cement or wood. I can’t stand bare feet on a wooden dock. I told you I’m weird.
10. I’m either really hot or really cold. It’s not often I’m comfortable. It’s super annoying for the people around me I’m sure, but there isn’t anything I can do about it. Probably just complain less. Where’s the fun in that?
My weirdness has value! And so does yours. I know I’m not the only weirdo in this world and I am telling you these things because your weirdness is what makes you YOU.
Weirdness doesn’t have competition. You are in your own lane as am I. It makes us shine brighter!
Weird makes it’s own rules (thankfully). Or maybe there aren’t any rules.. Either way I am the way I am. Same goes for you.
Weird is a lot less painful. I refuse to be a cookie cutter and be just like someone else. I’ve been there and done that when I was younger. Clothes, hair, makeup. I was always looking to someone else for these things. Once I became weird and started to shine as myself it felt so great!
Weird is what makes you unique and is your defining trait. This is how a lot of us end up with nicknames. This is how others will remember you the most.
Let your weirdness shine on!