To many of Life Is Poppin’ readers, this may seem out of the blue. But with so much being talked about Game of Thrones, (Yes, I too happen to love this show) I had to out pour my angst somewhere. Presuming many of you must watch the show – I blogged away!
The Best Game Of Thrones Episode – Definitely Not The Battle Of The Bastards!
Everyone is raving about how the best Game of Throne’s episode ever was ‘The Battle Of The Bastards.’ For all those GOT fans, I have just two words ‘Mother’s Mercy.’ DUDE! There are so many reasons why ‘The Battle Of The Bastards’ doesn’t even come close to Mother’s Mercy. Now mind you this post is not for the #GOT fans who are stubborn like Stannis but for fans like Danny who are open to different views!
1. Who was the hero in ‘The Battle Of The Bastards?’ – If you say Jon Snow…you are kidding yourself. The hero in this episode was outright Sansa Stark, with her side-kick the little finger. Without her, Jon Snow was just crushed by Ramsay, like literally!
2. The second hero of the episode was the giant Wun Weg Wun Dar Wun. He single-handedly broke the doors open and no one from the Bolton army was able to HODOR. Without that door coming down, Snow would have melted in the shower of arrows.
3. Hero always defeats the villain and kills him. By that logic, the heroes were Ramsay’s hounds.
4. We all hated Ramsay Bolton, more than the Joker in Batman, like way more! We knew he would eventually die – but that easy, come on! The way he was killed only accounted for the death of Walda Bolton, his stepmother. Doesn’t even account for the poor little baby he killed. The cruelty towards Sansa, the epic torture of Theon, the merciless killing of Rickon, his own father, the wildling Osha…the deaths are countless. And in return what do we have – him being eaten alive by hounds. Sorry to say but I believe that the Starks did a better job with their ex-captive Jamie Lannister.
5. While I have 4 reasons to prove that The Battle of the Bastards was not the best of GOT, only one is enough to hold Mother’s Mercy on top – The Walk Of Shame! For every evil plot Cersei had ever hatched, she paid for it thru humiliation in every cell of her body. With every step she took in her naked avatar and the abuses and filth that was thrown at her – at one point you even start feeling sorry for that bitch of a character!
While the Season 6 finale did do a good job of including a lot of characters in the episode and excluding even more from the series, for me the Season 5 finale remains a favorite. I would also put the Hardhome as a better battle over The Battle Of The Bastards. We can battle all we want about the best episode or the season finale, but we all come together seeking the Mercy of George Martin to bring us Season 7 worth the long wait and not killing any more of our favorite characters! #RIPMargarey #RIPGiant #RIPHodor!
Alefia loves to see life in metaphors. An ardent foodie, she blogs and does poetry when she is not working, or working too much. Die-hard romantic and self-proclaimed ‘most empathetic listener in the world’, she believe she can do a world of good to anyone who needs advice, especially when it comes to love!