Don’t throw those old canning lids away. Make pumpkins instead! This is a super fun and easy way to recycle and make an awesome center piece at the same time.
This is what you will need:
– About 18-23 canning lid rings
– 8 inches of tulle about 2 inches wide
– Orange spray paint
– Gold glitter
– A cinnamon stick or wood chip
– A fake leaf
( Most of these can all be found at the dollar store)
1. Run tulle through your rings, making sure they are all facing the same direction.
You can use as many rings as you would like depending on the look you are going for (I used 22)
2.Be sure to tie the tulle in a tight knot forming a circle with the rings, and pull remaining tulle through the center
3. Spray paint the rings, remembering to separate them as much as possible to be sure all the rings are fully covered.
4. When that side is fully dry, flip over and paint again.
5. When your “pumpkin” is fully dry add the gold glitter.
This helps to hide any imperfections you might have with the paint. Also it looks pretty cute.
Glue the wood chip/ cinnamon to the middle near the tulle, and add your leaf.
You can arrange your rings to achieve the look that fits you best.
Have fun with this and make it your own! Below is a version a friend of mine made
Brenda saysOctober 29, 2013 at 3:45 pm
Neat idea but I would paint the rings before assembling them!