Easy Deep Dish Pizza Dough Recipe
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
1 1/8 cups warm water – 110 to 115 degrees F (43 to 45 degrees C)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup corn oil
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water in a bowl. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam.
- Combine yeast mixture, flour, corn oil, and kosher salt in a large stand mixer with a hook attachment; knead until dough holds together but is still slightly sticky, about 2 minutes.
- Form dough into a ball and transfer to a buttered bowl, turning to coat. Cover bowl with a towel and allow dough to rise at room temperature until double in size. The longer the better.
- Punch down dough and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Press 2/3 of the dough into a deep dish pan.
- Decorate pizza as desired.
- Roll out remaining dough and cover the top of the pizza
- Bake at 425 for 45 minutes to an hour
Mai T. saysMarch 12, 2015 at 3:02 am
I must attempt this for this weekend! Looks yummy!
Rebekah @ Naturally Blessed Mama saysMarch 26, 2015 at 9:26 pm
I am going to have to try this soon. Maybe next week? Do you think substitiuting Pamela’s bread mix would affect the taste or texture?
Missi saysMarch 27, 2015 at 11:05 am
It shouldn’t! Please let me know how it turns out!!