Easy DIY Trick-or-Treat Bags
Are you tired of the same ‘ole trick-or-treating plastic pumpkins? So are we! Here’s a fun way to add a little bit of pizzaz to trick-or-treating this year (and years to come). How cute are these easy trick-or-treat bags! Grab your favorite festive fabric; fire up the sewing machine and get started!
- Fabric of choice – Two pieces each cut into 18 x 2, 12 x 3.5, and 12 x 10
- Safety Pin
- Straight Pins
1. Sew 18 x 2 inch fabric strips, (right side facing each other) and turn the right side out.
2. Align a 12 x 3.5 inch strip of fabric to a 12 x 10 inch strip of fabric – right sides facing each other (use straight pins if desired) and sew along the top seam. Repeat with matching fabric pieces.
3. Align the two new fabric pieces together (right sides facing each other) and sew along the side and bottom seams. Turn the right side out.
4. Fold over and sew the top seam.
5. Attach a strap 0.5 inches from the side seam and sew along the top and bottom. Repeat on the other side.
6. Have some fun! Get creative and decorate!
- Don’t forget to back-stitch!
- Use a zigzag stitch for more durability.
This awesome DIY was submitted by a wonderful friend of Life is Poppin’. Thank you, Therese, for your great work! You rock, sister!
Make sure to take a look at a few of our other fun fall projects while you are here:
I am an avid tea drinker. I wake up, head downstairs and grab myself a large cup of black tea before tackling my day. Since I don’t really care for plastic cups, I have a lot of the heavier ceramic cups but they can be too hot to hold at times. That’s why I decided to make these easy coffee mug sweaters.
They are cheap, easy and work perfectly! Plus, they make a really cute gift idea for the coffee or tea lover in your life. The possibilities are endless with this DIY idea.
Hold it right there! Do not throw all of those leftover canning lids in the trash. How about making these super cute Canning Ring Pumpkins instead? This is such a fun and frugal craft idea that will make a huge statement in your Fall decor.