Start Amazing Holiday Traditions with Your Family
Looking to start some amazing Holiday Traditions with your family? I have put together a list of things we try do repeat every year. Maybe let me know a few of your ideas!
1. After the kids get their PJ’s and and think they are going to bed, surprise them with a trip around the neighborhood to check out all of the lights. Pop some popcorn and bring the hot chocolate. Oh, and don’t forget the Holiday Music
2. Sit down with your child and write a letter to Santa!
3. Make a gingerbread house. You can do this out of graham crackers, frosting and cheap candy from the dollar store. You guests will love to see your awesome creations.
4. Go through closets and donate gently used clothing (coats are particularly useful this time of year) to a local shelter.
5. Check out local holiday events on your calendar. Most cities have concerts, festivals, plays, and more to celebrate the season.
6. Start a canned food drive in your neighborhood or at your child’s school. Ask neighbors to donate canned and non-perishable foods, then donate them to a food bank.
7. Make holiday decorations yourself! Decorate windows with paper snowflakes, glue glitter onto pinecones and arrange in a bowl, and visit kid-friendly crafts sites to get creative and fun ideas that will involve your children.
8. Find a giving tree that allows you to sponsor a family in need or purchase toys for children in need. Go shopping for the items together and donate them.
9. Don’t forget the less fortunate! Volunteer time at your local shelter or senior citizen center or see if there is a giving tree specifically for the residents.
10. Camp out in front of your Christmas tree one night. Keep the tree lights on, read holiday stories, and snack on holiday treats
12. Bake! Everyone loves to receive Holiday goodies this time of year. Also, baking is a cheap and thoughtful gift. You could even organize a holiday baking party. How fun would that be?
13. Gather family and friends and go caroling! Even if you aren’t a fantastic singer people still love to hear the classics
14. Do some outdoor activities! Go sledding, ice skating or make a snowman. Do this after your holiday dinner, and have yet another something to look forward too.
15. Call or have a video chat with loved ones who aren’t able to be with your family
There are TONS of things you can do this holiday season and start many traditions for time to come! Get inspired and make a difference not only in your family’s lives but in someone else’s also
[…] is brand new. The way a fish swims around in his tank, the way thunder and lightning sound, and seeing Santa for the first time and actually remembering […]