Here is a super fun way to add a twist on Easter Eggs! Why let your kids have all of the fun? Check out this yummy recipe for these ice cream Easter Eggs
What You Need:
3 pt soft vanilla ice cream
1 C mixed candied fruit
1/4 C light rum
1 C heavy cream
2 T sugar
Pastel food coloring
Plastic Eggs for molding
How to Make Them:
- Place the ice cream in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the candied fruit and rum.
- Mix together well – working quickly so the ice cream doesn’t melt.
- Place the ice cream mixture into the mold.
- Place in freezer and freeze until firm, a few hours or even overnight.
- Place a serving platter in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Un-mold ice cream and place on the chilled platter.
- Place back in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Place the heavy cream and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Mix until stiff.
- Remove ice cream and frost each egg with part of the cream mixture.
- Return ice cream to the freezer.
- Divide the remaining cream mixture into as many bowls as you would like colors for the eggs.
- Tint each cream mixture with a different color of the food coloring.
- Remove ice cream from the freezer.
- Use a pastry bag or baggie with one corner cut out to pipe the colored cream mixture onto each egg.
- Return to the freezer and freeze until firm.
- Once firm remove and wrap each egg in the freezer wrap.
- Maybe stored in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Leave a Reply