Make Your Own Fabric Bows – Easily!
Raid your fabric stash, or the even the local thrift store! Here is my step by step guide to making your own fabric bows – easily! Being the Mom of 2 girls, bows are in high demand around here. And as many of us know, some of them can come with a hefty price tag. Save your dough for something else and make your own.
I have more than enough confidence in each and every single one of you no matter your level of craftiness is, and once you master this simply technique, the possibilities are truly endless!
There will be no more paying top dollar for those cute fabric bow barrettes at the mall when you can easily make identical or similar ones yourself—way cheaper!
I just love making these. They are perfect for handmade baby shower gifts, my girls’ soccer teams, to add to the top of a gift, and so much more. My daughter is now making them and selling them in order to raise money for her upcoming mission trip. If she can do it (she’s 12) so can you!
- 1/4 yard cotton pineapple fabric (or your favorite cotton fabric)
- Needle and thread
- Hot glue/hot glue gun
- Iron/ironing board
- Alligator clip
1. Cut out three pieces of fabric:
2. Iron the long sides of your fabric over about 1/4″
3. Using your largest piece of fabric, Place the fabric print side down, fold the short ends into the middle
4. Thread your needle and start sewing the two sides together from bottom to top
5. Repeat step 4 with your medium sized piece of fabric
6. place the medium sized fabric bow on top of the large piece of fabric
7. Wrap a long piece of thread around the center of your two bows
8. Hot glue your little piece of fabric in the front center of your bow
9. Hot glue your lined alligator clip on the back of your bow and hot glue the ends of your 1×3″ piece in the middle of your opened alligator clip
10. Your bow is ready to wear!
Be sure to check out all of our other awesome DIY projects while you are here!