I know I’ve been a little pumpkin crazy and Fall JUST started. It’s felt a lot like fall for the last few weeks though since I’ve been waking up to chilly mornings, ending the day with cold evenings. A slice of cake always makes these things better, right? And a cake that looks like a pumpkin?! It doesn’t get much better than this!
Pumpkin Bunt Cake
– 2 Boxes of Chocolate Cake of your choice
– Eggs (however many the box chocolate cake calls for)
– Vegetable oil
– Green ice-cream cone
Don’f forget the Bunt Cake Pan
– 1 ½ c. of Powdered Sugar
– 1 tsp. of Vanilla Extract
– 3 tbsp. of water (as needed to reach desired consistency)
– Orange food coloring (as needed to reach desired color)
1. Mix your chocolate cake ingredients as directed on the box.
6. On a platter or display dish, put first bunt cake upside-down, and the 2nd bunt cake place it upright. This while form a “Pumpkin” shape.
7. Mix the icing ingredients on a bowl. (Add water as needed to reach desired consistency, as well with the food coloring, just add enough to reach the orange color you want).
8. Pour the icing on top of the cake, and then place the green ice-cream cone in the middle of the bunt cake! If the middle opening is too big to hold the ice-cream cone, you may use a tall shot glass in the middle and stack your ice-cream cone on it to make it stand nice & tall. I added 2 plastic fall leaves as decoration but that is complete optional!
Be sure to check out our other awesome pumpkin recipes while you are here: