As soon as you start cooking rajas de poblano con crema dip, you will quickly start to smell why it is one of my favorite go-to recipes, especially when entertaining a large crowd.
I can’t exactly remember the first time I had rajas de poblano con crema, or poblanos in a cream sauce, and I was a little taken back by the appearance and I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect. But I promise you, if you love a bit of spice with lots of creamy goodness, this is the recipe for you.
I have always had rajas in a tortilla and served as a taco, but I wanted to try something a little different. Instead of having it as a meal I decided to try it as a dip. It turned out better than I expected.
You can try rajas de poblano con crema on a tortilla, over rice or by itself. Whatever you decide, you’re going to love every bite.
- 6 fresh poblano chiles
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 white onion, sliced lengthwise (root to tip), 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Mexcian crema (Mexican sour cream) or crème fraîche
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 ear of fresh corn, kernels cut off
Amazon Pepper Sauce for topping (optional)
- Preheat skillet.
- Brush peppers with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Roast poblano peppers in the preheated skillet for 10 minutes; flip and continue roasting until skin is charred and flesh is soft, about 10 minutes more.
- Place roasted peppers in plastic bag and let steam for 15 minutes. Carefully remove peppers and peel the skins from the peppers. Remove seeds and stems. Cut peppers into strips.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; cook corn kernels for about 10 minutes, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir onion until soft, 5 to 10 minutes. Add poblano pepper strips and corn; season with chicken bouillon granules (optional) and cook for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in cream and cheese; simmer until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
I love to top my rajas de poblano con crema with Amazon Pepper Sauce. It gives my taste buds that extra little kick I am looking for!
Amazon is the international connoisseur brand in spices that offers the widest variety and flavors that enhance the flavor of your food.
The Amazon Pepper Company is located in the Colombian Cauca Valley. Bathed in the sun and by the warm clear waters of several of the Andes Rivers bordering our Amazon Jungles, the rich Colombian soil produces a wide range of peppers such as Amazon, Cayenne, Jalapenos, Habaneros, Scotch Bonnet and Jolokias that we grow year round and which our Group has been cultivating (initially industrially) in large quantities for the world market since 1974.
Using two generations of experience and knowledge of the unique qualities of capsicum, the Amazon Pepper brand was born in early 1994. Read more over on the Amazon Pepper Sauce website!
chris palmer saysAugust 27, 2017 at 7:21 am
love to try
Geena Jean O'Banion saysAugust 28, 2017 at 7:47 am
Wow, would love to try one of these sauces. Don;t know where to buy them…..thank you for the opportunity to win.