Stay-home dates are a wonderful, comfortable way to spend time together without spending a ton of money. Plus sometimes the weather can get in the way of an awesome date idea. Life can get busy and that’s why dating is important in any relationship. Reconnecting to your partner and remembering that you are partners and lovers and not just parents or roommates is one of the cornerstones to a happy and fulfilling relationship. So, in honor of lazy days and cozy nights, I give you my top stay-home date ideas.
- Have breakfast in bed together. It’s all about the little things. Even if you only get 20 minutes alone. It counts.
- Play video games. A little healthy competition never hurt anyone.
- Have a movie marathon.
- Catch up on your favorite t.v series together.
- Wait for the kids to fall asleep, sneak outside and play in the rain together.
- Bake or cook together. Recipe ideas!
- Sit down and plan out your goals.
- Have a Fondue Night.
- Sit by the fire and have an indoor picnic. If you don’t have a fireplace candles work also.
- Play 50 questions and learn more about one another.
- Set the mood and give each other a nice relaxing massage.
These are just a few of the MANY possible ways to date at home. Get creative, there aren’t any rules. The most important thing is to slow down and reconnect. Remind yourself why the two of you fell in love to begin with. Dating your spouse is fun. You just have to make an effort. So remember, don’t forget to date your mate!
Leave a Reply