Super Bowl = Driving Heaven
Is there a particular stretch of road that you love but is always crowded? Well today is the day, son! It’s the Super Bowl!
Its 5:30pm ET right now, which means that is T-1hour until kick off, so logistically we are only 30 minutes away from the sweet-spot. What is the sweet-spot you may ask?
The sweet-spot is when all the last minute Super Bowl party shoppers have already gone to the stores, bought their last minute chips and guacamole and are now home preparing for the game. So at exactly 6:00pm the Car Gods will smile upon us and give us the gift of traffic-free roads.
There is no time to waste, do this now:
- Choose your favorite son or daughter and tell them you are going on the trip of a lifetime. YES, lifetime, better than Disney.
- If you don’t have any kids or a spouse that enjoys spirited driving, then call up a buddy or neighbor you get along with. Fly solo only if you have to.
- Depending on where you live, you may have to dress accordingly, if you live in Texas you are most likely wearing shorts and a t-shirt, so you are ready to go. If you live in Michigan, you may have to take off your flannel PJs and throw on some jeans and a jacket.
- Make sure your cell phone is fully charged.
- Grab your GoPro or any other recording device you own. Be ready to document your epic traffic-free journey. People will not believe you unless you show proof.
- Get Gas.
- Plan your route in advance. The average Super Bowl lasts almost 4 hours, but if the losing team has no chance of coming back, this may trigger angry fans to leave their parties early. This is no good, so use your time wisely.
Ready? This is where the fun begins.
Throw on some shades, crank up your favorite song and enjoy the open road white it lasts. Whether you choose an empty interstate highway, or burn some rubber on a mountain road while the local PD watches football, just make sure you have a blast and do so safely. Remember that you are not the only one out there, there may be some like-minded individuals that either a) read this article or b) just happened to think of this on their own without reading this article.
As for myself and my 11 year old daughter, we’ve put on our winter gear, grabbed the GoPro, GoPro mounts, Canon DSLR, tripod, and back up batteries (yes, we pack lightly) and we are headed to our favorite snow covered back roads for a heck of a time.