“I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for the SPLENDA® Brand. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. All opinions and reviews are my own.”
As many of you already know, we love hanging out on the farm. Sometimes we get so busy that we forget to take something out for dinner. I love how easy this recipe is to throw together and even easier to eat.
About a week ago, we had some family and friends come out to the farm to enjoy a fun day on the lake Kaiaking and Fishing! Who doesn’t love being out on the water when the sun is shinning? I know we do! Nothing says Summer like floating around on the lake and taking in all that nature has to offer.
My girls seem to love it as much as I do, which is a huge bonus. I prefer Kaiaking over fishing though for a few different reasons. It’s great exercise while doing something fun, yet relaxing, I don’t care to touch worms or fish for that matter and I am much better at it. Plus, it’s fun when you fall out and Grandma has to push you back in the an ore. This is what memories are made of!
You can’t find this in any app or t.v program. The best way to make memories is by living them, especially with family and friends. I am so blessed to have had this chance to invite our friends and family over for a fun day out on the lake doing what we love. And if that wasn’t enough, we were able to finish it with a huge pot of Tex-Mex White Chili …. and no, there wasn’t any left!
Be the talk of your next party or get-together with this Tex-Mex White Chili Recipe at your next chili cook-off. Or even your next sleepover! It’s a huge hit at our house and we know you will love it also. We’ve swapped red tomatoes for green tomatillos, and swapped full sugar for SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener for the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. Good luck not eating the entire pot!
– 1 medium onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, diced
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 7 tomatillos, diced
– 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
– 1/2 cup water
– 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 2 15-ounce cans white beans, drained and rinsed (we used Cannellini)
– 1 4.5-ounce can chopped green chilies
– 2 teaspoons green hot pepper sauce
– 1 cup fresh or canned corn
– 1 cup cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
– 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
– 2 packets SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener
- Sauté onion, garlic, tomatillos and olive oil in a 4-quart saucepan until onions become translucent. About 5-10 minutes
- Add chicken broth to saucepan and bring to boil
- Mix in ground pepper and SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener. Stir in white beans, green chilies, green hot pepper sauce, corn, and chicken. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 30 minutes. Season to taste. Top with fresh cilantro.
This recipe and other amazing SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener recipes can be found on SweetSwaps.com! I am addicted to this site!
Why use Splenda instead of sugar?
Splenda is a great alternative to sugar because it adds virtually no calories to your diet. In addition, you need only a fraction compared with the amount of sugar you would normally use for sweetness. Splenda is perfect for cooking and baking when you are working on weight control or for Diabetes. There is always the “just because” reason also. I love the taste!
Ashley Perez saysJune 17, 2015 at 7:47 pm
looks so good 🙂