How To Use Essential Oils & Why Young Living
For those of you that have been with me for a while now know that I love doing things on my own. I especially like to make my own cleaners and using essential oils has been my favorite way to do so. It’s so easy to do and if you add a little bit of baking soda to the mix you have magic! Tea Tree oil is also a favorite of mine for cleaning.
After seeing awesome results using essential oils in my cleaning products, I decided to do a little bit more research. There are so many different oils and you can get them just about anywhere. The problem is, they aren’t all therapeutic-grade oils.
What is Therapeutic Grade?
The potential danger of an essential oil is generally relative to its level or grade of purity. Many essential oils are designed exclusively for their aroma-therapeutic quality; these essential oils generally should not be applied directly to the skin in their undiluted or “neat” form. Some can cause severe irritation, provoke an allergic reaction and, over time, prove hepatotoxic. Non-therapeutic grade essential oils are never recommended for topical or internal use. Source
There are a ton of oils that say “do not take internally” and “do not apply directly to the skin”, but I’ve heard here are some oils that can be used both of those ways. The more I read, the more that I realized so many of the essential oils companies on the market (even some of the ones that claimed to be therapeutic-grade) weren’t really giving the true story. Not a good look..
The True Story
Almost every bottle of essential oil on the market claims to be “Pure Essential Oil”, but that claim can legally be made if there is as little at just 5% of the actual essential oil from the plant in the bottle. Yep, just 5%… What is the other 95%?
There is also no regulation for how an essential oil is to be extracted. Companies are free to use high-heat, high-pressure, and chemical-solvents to extract more from the plants. Chemicals!! Yet they still get to slap whatever label they want onto the oil bottle. In fact, the majority of essential oil companies buy their oils from an oil broker. (Yes, they exist) The company isn’t actually involved in the process of cultivating the plants or extracting the oils at all. Scary, right?
I Choose Young Living
Young Living was the only company (probably because they were the pioneers in the therapeutic essential oils market) that has their own farms, can absolutely guarantee that no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of any of their oils (they use essential oils for pest control and they do all of the weeding by hand), has their own testing equipment (they do both in-house and 3rd party testing), only uses the first distillation of oils instead of adding chemicals to get more out of the plant, and basically answered all of my questions in a way that I truly trust.
Young Living also was the only company that was directly in charge of essential oil farming operations. HUGE bonus! Every other company I that I have looked at goes through some kind of an “oil broker” to buy their oils. They have to trust the oil broker that the farmers that he/she buys the oils from can be trusted to do what they are saying they are doing. We all know how that goes.
With Young Living, you just have to trust one company instead of several.
I feel like it’s a trust step either way (anyone could be lying) but I felt the most comfortable trusting Young Living.
I also loved that I could just sign up and get the member discount (24%!) and not have to sell anything to anyone. All I had to do to keep getting my discount was to buy $50 worth of products per year. Yep, that is definitely doable since I use essential oils for so many things!
My Favorite Use for Oils
I bought the premium starter kit and I’m so glad that I did! Here are just a few of the ways that I’m using the oils in the starter kit. Give your medicine cabinet a major cleaning.
Lavender essential oil – minor burns, rashes/hives, sunburn relief, bruises (great for kids)
Thieves essential oil blend – colds/flu, sore throat, headaches, migraines (which I used to get all too often) toothaches
Peppermint essential oil – headaches, fever, congestion, nausea (my girls get carsick all of the time. The peppermint oil helps quickly)
Valor essential oil blend – neck/muscle pain, stress, snoring (your spouse will thank you)
How to Buy Young Living Oils
The “medicine” that God created has great power and created to work perfectly with our bodies. The media often talks about essential oils like they’re a “new trend” when people have been using essential oils for thousands of years!
With tons of companies popping up trying to take advantage of the “new trend” of essential oils, I’m thrilled to have found a company that I trust and that was the pioneer in bringing the use of therapeutic essential oils here to the states. WIN.
If you’re interested in getting a starter kit of some of the most useful essential oils and essential oil blends, then I’m offering a special sale just for Life is Poppin’ readers this month!
Since it is the holiday season, I’m offering this great batch of freebies through December 25th only!
If you get a premium Young Living starter kit (which is, on its own, a really great deal at $150)…
…then I will ALSO mail you a super helpful Essential Oils Reference Guide (you can look up almost anything in it and see which oils have been used to help with that problem), a set of essential oil labels to keep your oils organized, AND I will give you $15 Amazon Gift Card! Interested yet?
Oh, and you get ELEVEN (11) 5 ml bottles with this deal. A lot of people always ask each time I talk about this starter kit if it’s just the samples. Nope, you get everything in the picture below with your kit including the 11 5 ml bottles of oils!
If you are ready to buy a starter kit, then be sure to sign up as a wholesale member (with one of the premium starter kits) through the instructions below to take advantage of these freebies!
1. Head over to the Young Living page here and fill out your information. Be sure to use your laptop or desktop to sign-up, instead of your smartphone or tablet.
2. Be sure the “Wholesale Member” option is checked so that you don’t end up paying retail prices (which are 24% more than wholesale).
3. Be sure the “sponsor ID” and “enroller id” say 1808039 (that way I can send you your freebies!)
4. If you do not feel comfortable putting in your social security number (this is only for tax purposes if you decide to turn this into a business) then you can get an EIN from the IRS in just a few seconds here and use that number instead (the IRS just needs to be able to connect some number with you for tax purposes). They need a Social Security Number or an EIN because if you make $600 or more per year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail (which is required by law). Young Living will never share this info with anyone.
5. Select which starter kit you want to get. My recommendation would be the Premium Starter Kit (and that’s the one where you get all of the freebies!) Those are the oils that I use almost every single day! You can get the kit that’s $150, or you can get a kit for $160 with the bamboo essential oil diffuser!
6. I’d recommend skipping the Step 3 (Optional) part of the sign-up process. I’ll send over an email with more details on that part of things after you sign up (if you’re going to be purchasing products monthly then it’s a great program that will give you credit back with each order and save you on shipping costs).
7. Go through the checkout process.
8. After you sign up, send an email to Missi@lifeispoppin.com mentioning the code “OILS” and letting me know that you signed up through this promotion so that I will know to send you your freebies! Feel free to ask any questions in the email and I will also help you find the information that you need.
REMEMBER: This promotion is only available when you sign up with the sponsor ID and enroller ID as #1808039. Also, if you recommend this promotion to a friend (or group of friends) and they sign up too through this promotion then please let me know so that you can get credit for referring them.
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.
Frequently Asked Questions: Young Living Essential Oils
real estate saysOctober 14, 2015 at 11:04 pm
I am actually glad to read this web site posts which consists of lots of useful information, thanks for providing these