Ok, let’s get one thing straight. I clearly don’t have all the answers. There is, however, one thing I know for sure – everyone feels lost from time to time. It’s completely normal! And I’m right there with ya.
In an attempt to sorta find myself as well, I wanted to write this blog post in hopes that I can help other’s who feel like nothing is going as planned. Or, maybe there wasn’t even a plan. Either way, here are a few ideas that can maybe help us both.
10 ways to find yourself when you’re feeling lost:
- Step out of your comfort zone… all the time! Make yourself uncomfortable by trying new things and meeting new people. You never knew where these new adventures could take you. This is number one for me because I truly enjoy being in my comfortable little bubble. Since nothing feels ‘normal’ anymore, it’s time to pop that bubble and hop out. There’s no time like the present to make that happen.
- Take some time to sit in the silence. This is probably one of the hardest things for me to do. I thrive in chaos! I always have music or a podcast playing, the t.v. on for background noise or I’m singing my lungs out. When things are silent, that’s when I really hear myself which can be a good or not so good thing. Either way, it’s time to take a few moments to enjoy the silence around you. You never know what messages you might hear around you.
- Reconnect with your dreams. What sort of hopes did you have or start working on before you started to lose yourself? It’s time to grab your journal and write. Reconnect with those dreams and even come up with new ones. I’m a big believer in manifesting and seeing your deepest desires on paper is the first step to changing your thoughts which ultimately will change your life.
- Take a road trip. Just imagine the possibilities of hitting the open road solo. There’s nothing quite like your favorite mix of music blasted, the best snacks, seeing things you’ve never seen before and you get to decide when and where you go. Imagine the clarity you would come home with. I haven’t done this yet, but it’s definitely on my list of things to do soon.
- Get a mentor. Reach out and ask for help and remember, you don’t have to figure this out all on your own. Sometimes, simply having coffee with someone can provide the insight you need to give you that extra push you need. Building a strong network is invaluable.
- Trust yourself. Deep down, you know yourself better than anyone but the key is actually listening to those feelings and emotions. Let’s not forget, the most valuable relationship in your life is the one you have with yourself. Trusting your inner voice will be essential in finding yourself again.
- Do the things you enjoy. When you’re feeling lost, it can be easy to stop doing the things that make you happy. Trust me, I know this song and dance all too well. But what would happen if we started getting back outside into the fresh air, do some gardening, go on a bike ride or read a book? Let’s do some of the things that actually bring a smile to our face.
- Squish your inner mean voice. We all have it. That little voice inside your head telling you aren’t pretty enough, smart enough, good enough. It’s a liar! And in the worst kinda way. My inner voice often tells me all kind of terrible things so, in order to squish it, I’ve been writing positive affirmations all around my house, my notebooks, saving them as screensavers. It’s easy to feel lost when your head is full of negativity.
- Never settle for less than what you truly want. You only have one life to live so what would be the point in settling on mediocrity? Good enough isn’t who we are. This is where your dreams and aspirations come into play. By writing them down you will know exactly what you want out of life and will never settle again. This is a huge step in finding yourself again.
- Don’t be ashamed of who you are. We don’t always know exactly who we are and that’s part of the reason we are feeling a little lost, but it’s time we start embracing the parts that make us, us. You are unique in your own and destined for wonderful things. It’s time to unlock your full potential.
Remember to march to the beat of your own song and know that that song is unique to just you.
Finding yourself when you’re feeling lost isn’t an easy journey, but can be done. You have the power and freedom to decide for yourself, so do it with confidence!
Leave a Reply