White Bean Chicken Chili
I am super excited to talk about Las Posadas thanks to HERDEZ® products! For those of you that don’t know, Las Posadas is celebrated widely in Mexico & Mexican-Americans for nearly 400 years. Las Posadas is a 9 day celebration in honor of Mary & Joseph, searching for lodging, celebrating Mary’s pregnancy, & the birth of Jesus Christ. In a nutshell, it is Mexico’s celebration of the birth of Christ, & an extended Christmas celebration. So much fun!
Las Posadas are all about my two favorite things. Food and Family. We get together at each other’s homes for dinner during multiple days of the week, and each day a different member of the family is responsible for the dish. At end of the week not only did we spend great quality time celebrating Las Posadas with family, but we ate some delicious food! One of my favorite recipes is this White Bean Chicken Chili. It’s so easy to make and delicious to eat.
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 large onion,chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 15-ounce cans cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 1 7-ounce can diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, aniseed and dried red pepper. Sauté 5 minutes. Push onion to 1 side of pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to pan. Sauté chicken approximately 5 minutes.
- Drain beans; reserve 1/2 cup bean liquid. Add beans, broth, chilies, cream and reserved bean liquid to chicken. Simmer until chicken is tender and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Reheat before using.) Ladle chili into bowls. Top with cheese and sprinkle with cilantro. Enjoy with HERDEZ® Salsa!
We all LOVE giveaways here at Life is Poppin’. Share the Magic of #MisPosadas photo contest on Instagram for the chance to win one of the following:
– Grand Prize: Dinner prepared by a personal chef for up to 4 people in your very own home!
– 2nd Place: $250 Gift Basket
– 3rd Place: $200 Gift Basket
– Honorable Mention: Custom T-shirts
Who wouldn’t love dinner prepared by a personal chef?! Yes please!
Robin saysDecember 28, 2015 at 5:42 pm
alicia szemon saysDecember 29, 2015 at 3:14 pm
this looks very yummy! i should make this soon!
saegan anderson saysJanuary 3, 2016 at 7:08 pm
this looks sooo good! perfect for a rainy day!