One day each month you can learn how to build a cool LEGO mini model, and take it home – for free! Quantities are limited and offer is good while supplies last only. A new model will be available every month and will be specially themed to that month – ask a Store Associate for details! Event is open to children aged 6 to 14 only. Check with your local LEGO Store for dates and times.
Upcoming Mini Model Build:
LEGO Dragon: Tuesday, May 6 begins at 5:00 pm until supplies last.
There are a TON of other freebies available. Check them out now!
Junie B Jones Reading Club – Sign up and get a FREE starter Kit that includes a copy of Junie B Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus, Activity sheets and a membership ID card while supplies last.
Book Adventure – Sylvan offers this FREE reading incentive program. Basically your child reads books and then takes a simple comprehension quiz to make sure they understood what they read. The quiz is usually about 10 questions long. They earn points based on how much they remember from reading the book.
There are hundreds of books to choose from in all reading levels. These are common books that can be found at your local library. Once they have earned enough points they can trade them in for some really neat prizes!
Half Price Books – They are offering kids ages 14 and under a chance to earn a $5 Gift Card for reading just 15 each day throughout the summer!
Barnes & Noble Imagination Destination- This summer reading program through Barnes & Noble gives your child the ability to earn a FREE book after reading 8 books and keeping track of them in a reading log.
Local Public Library- Don’t forget to check out your local libraries to find out which programs they’ll be offering this summer. My kids have participated in several Summer reading Programs through the library and it always includes FREE books & prizes.
Chuck E. Cheese- Earn 10 FREE tokens every time your child reads for 2 weeks in a row. Just fill out the form and bring it in to claim your free token.
Scholastic Summer Challenge- Log in your reading minutes to the Scholastic site and your child will be able to participate in a World Record challenge as well as earn digital prizes!
Pottery Barn Summer Reading Challenge – Open only to children under 10 years of age on any day during the promotion period. Must present completed Award-Winning or Early Reader book list to receive a free book at participating Pottery Barn Kids stores.
Programs like these are a great way to encourage our children to continue reading throughout the summer months. If you know of any other programs that aren’t listed here, please feel free to leave the information in a comment below.
Everything is getting more expensive today. From gas to groceries, our hard-earned dollars are challenged to stretch further. Now, we may be able to ride a bicycle around town if we can’t put gas in our cars. But, we have to eat. There’s no getting around that. Darn! So, we have to find ways to spend less on groceries while still getting the things that we need to feed ourselves and our families. Here are six money saving tips to try the next time you go grocery shopping.
1. Clip coupons. They put those in the newspaper for a reason. If there are new items you want to try, use a coupon to get it at a discount. If you like it, you have saved some money. On the other hand, if you don’t take a liking to it, you didn’t pay full price. For me, coupons save an average of ten or more dollars per visit. That’s money in my pocket that I can put towards gas for the car.
2. Buy more staples than prepared foods. It is easier to buy a box of macaroni and cheese, but is it more economical? A large box of macaroni and a block of cheese will make more servings for your family than one box of prepared macaroni and cheese. The next time you go shopping and pick up a box or bag of an already prepared item, ask yourself if you can make that at home for less. If you can, then put that item back in favor of less expensive staples.
3. Buy in bulk. Consider the food items that you use most often. Cereals, meats, vegetables, condiments, juices, and paper products can be bought in bulk usually at a lower price at food warehouses like Costco, BJ’s, and Wal-Mart. If you have a coupon, you’ll save even more money.
4. Don’t shop when you are hungry. This is a definite no-no. Shopping on an empty stomach means that you will pick up more things than you need. You are more likely to pick up that bag of chocolate chip cookies or that box of donuts when the growling gets underway.
5. Take a grocery list with you. This is another protection against picking up things that are too costly. Check your cabinets and the fridge to see what you need and write them down. Remember, the goal is to stick to the list as much as possible.
6. Shop at the same stores. This is more of a frustration reliever. In a new store, you spend most of your time looking for things and walking up and down every aisle, which oftentimes leads to forgetting an item or two. Going to the same store each time makes you more familiar with the prices so you can estimate your bill as you write your grocery list. Make sure you fully understand a grocery store cycle! It will help cut your bill by more than 1/2!
Rising prices don’t have to mean a lean dinner table. There are ways to make your food dollar go further and if you take the time to implement the ideas listed above as well as others of your own, you’ll see savings each and every time you shop.
As Mother’s Day approaches, it is fun to think of gift ideas for mom – a way to celebrate the woman in your life that spends her days wiping noses, packing backpacks or checking in with you on how the nose wiping, backpack packing etc, is going. Puritan’s Pride offers an extensive line of natural and wonderful supplements, energy bars, beauty products and more. They have put together this amazing Mother’s Day prize pack to giveaway and share with mom!
Krista over at Savory Savings had the change to review this Mother’s Day pack and shared her thoughts in this review.
What’s in this prize pack? You will find:
Ultra™ Woman Daily Multi Timed Release: This multivitamin formula provides key ingredients such as Calcium, Iron, Folic Acid and B-6 for the unique needs of women.* Formulated to provide a gradual release of vitamins over a prolonged period of time.
Raspberry Ketones 100 mg: Ketones are the primary aroma compound of red raspberries. Our raspberry ketones are highly concentrated.
Hedgerow and Kent Organic Green Tea: Green tea comes from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant, the same plant used for black tea. Green tea, however, is steamed and dried before oxidation can take place, giving it the characteristic greenish color and mellow flavor it’s known for. This variety is a well-balanced blend of exceptional green teas from gardens in China and India.
Hair, Skin and Nails Formula: This specially formulated vitamin contains Niacin and Biotin that support the health and beauty of your hair, skin and nails.*
Retinol Cream: Retinol Cream provides you with the nourishing benefits of Vitamin A along with protective moisturizers that help to keep your skin soft, smooth and young looking.
Dark Chocolate Crunch Balance Bars: This Balance Bar favorite layers smooth, dark chocolate over a crunchy cookie base and covers both with a rich, dark-chocolate coating. The bars are also gluten free and packed with enough nutritious protein and fiber to keep you moving.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
How would you like to win the Mother’s Day prize pack from Puritan’s Pride? If you would like a chance to win, enter with the Giveaway Tool below. If you have won a Puritan’s Pride giveaway anytime from another blog in the last 12 months, you are not eligible to win this giveaway. The giveaway will run from April 22, 2013 through May 1, 2014 at 11 PM CST and is open to US residents, ages 18 and older. Entries will be verified. Winner will be notified via email (consider adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe list) – winner will have 48 hours to respond and claim prize or another winner will be selected.
“The SmartSilk™ All Natural Bedding Collection provides all season comfort and the luxury of sleeping in breathable silk fill along with a soft cotton finish, offering a more comfortable night’s sleep. The SmartSilk™ Luxury Bedding Collection is created and produced in-house and was developed and designed in Canada.”
You can discover more about this great product in Miss Frugal Mommy’s review!
Now for the exciting part! One lucky fan is going to win 1 pair of standard sized pillow protectors (RV $100). This giveaway is open to US residents 18 and older. Enter to win in the rafflecopter below, all entries will be verified, one entrant per household or you will immediately be disqualified. Winner will be contacted via email and has 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. Good Luck!!!
FREE Disney Bears Tote from the Disney Store: Visit any Disney Store on April 22, 2014 and receive a FREE Disneynature Bears Reusable Tote Bag when you bring in 5 plastic bags. (Limit 1 tote bag per guest. While supplies last. Call your local store for details).–FREE Earth Day Activity Organizing Toolkits
When you are trying to eat healthier, it can be hard to find snacks that pull double duty – providing nutrition and letting you give in a bit to your sweet tooth. The Balance Bar Dark Chocolate Crunch energy bar can do just that! Krista over at Savory Savings recently had the chance to review this chocolately bar and shared her thoughts in a review – check out what she had to say about the nutrients, rainforest alliance and more!
How would you like to win a box of Dark Chocolate Crunch Balance Bar energy bars? If you would like a chance to win, enter with the Giveaway Tool below. If you have won a Balance Bar giveaway anytime from another blog in the last 12 months, you are not eligible to win this giveaway. The giveaway will run from April 19, 2013 through May 3, 2014 at 11 PM CST and is open to US residents, ages 18 and older. Entries will be verified. Winner will be notified via email (consider adding email@example.com to your safe list) – winner will have 48 hours to respond and claim prize or another winner will be selected.